Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Crazy morning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Crazy morning

    I was woken up this morning to the sights and sounds of Countiss Apartments burning down. I have no idea how it was allowed to stand occupied for so long. It was a decrepid,unsafe building (the slumlord that owned it must have had some "pull" to keep it up). It sucks for those who were there because of hard-luck circumstances,and my heart really goes out to those folks. I am thankful that no one lost their lives today,and none of the rest of the neighborhood was damaged.

    It has been common knowledge for decades now that if you wanted drugs or sex,you went to Countiss. The place has been a haven for drug-dealers,hookers,whinos,and domestic disputes for 20+ years now. When I first moved there,my insurance agent suggested that I purchase burgulary insurance (he's a Guest River rat,and knew what it was like). If I had a dollar for each time we've seen the blue light special going on there,we'd be rich. Countiss apartments is what has kept Guest River from being a nice,peaceful neighborhood,and I will not miss the eyesore,nor the riff-raff. What in the world will our neighbors do for entertainment now?

    Crazy day indeed
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Crazy morning

    SO thats what was smoking down there. Saw it from Wal Mart. Wish I had known about the sex thing sooner. J/k
    GO VOLS

  3. #3
    Inactive Member LCAS_712's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2006
    Location
    Coeburn VA / Harrogate TN
    Posts
    977
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Crazy morning

    Where are these exactly located?
    [img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Crazy morning

    Guest River Road - not far up.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member LCAS_712's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2006
    Location
    Coeburn VA / Harrogate TN
    Posts
    977
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Crazy morning

    right or left
    [img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Crazy morning

    right
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member tweeder82's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2004
    Posts
    130
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Crazy morning

    right as you're going in

  8. #8
    Inactive Member LBU's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2006
    Posts
    356
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Crazy morning

    These apartments sound like Centinnial Heights in Haysi. Everybody in Dickenson County calls them Sin City.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [/CENTER]
    [CENTER] "Believe deep down in your heart that you're destined to do great things." JVP[/CENTER]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member shwalker32's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2006
    Posts
    938
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Crazy morning

    those were my first apt when i first got married lived there from jul'93 until nov 1 93' have some horror stories!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member bdc's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 30th, 2008
    Posts
    128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Crazy morning

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Indian_Dad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was woken up this morning to the sights and sounds of Countiss Apartments burning down. I have no idea how it was allowed to stand occupied for so long. It was a decrepid,unsafe building (the slumlord that owned it must have had some "pull" to keep it up). It sucks for those who were there because of hard-luck circumstances,and my heart really goes out to those folks. I am thankful that no one lost their lives today,and none of the rest of the neighborhood was damaged.

    It has been common knowledge for decades now that if you wanted drugs or sex,you went to Countiss. The place has been a haven for drug-dealers,hookers,whinos,and domestic disputes for 20+ years now. When I first moved there,my insurance agent suggested that I purchase burgulary insurance (he's a Guest River rat,and knew what it was like). If I had a dollar for each time we've seen the blue light special going on there,we'd be rich. Countiss apartments is what has kept Guest River from being a nice,peaceful neighborhood,and I will not miss the eyesore,nor the riff-raff. What in the world will our neighbors do for entertainment now?

    Crazy day indeed</div></div> Wy am I the last one to find this out???
    Look kids. A deer!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •